During the whole journey of 28 years, Prof. Prasad Khandekar has worked on various positions and fulfilled numerous Responsibilities, in VIT Pune and now in MIT Pune. In MIT, apart from academics and research, he has mainly contributed for Industry Collaborations and MIT WPU Admissions. He is presently coordinating as a Dean Engineering, for various Engineering Schools. Further he has coordinated and contributed for various MIT initiatives and events.
Academic Administrator at MITWPU, Pune
- Dean Engineering, MAEER’s MITWPU Pune, since year 2019.
- Member Board of Management at Dr Vishwanath Karad MIT World Peace University (MIT-WPU)
- Former Director, MITWPU Admissions
- Member, Academic Council
- Vice Principal, MAEER’s MIT, Pune from 2016 -2017
- Associate Dean, Engineering MITWPU and Director MITWPU Industry Partnerships 2017-2019
- Establishing quality systems like ISO, NBA and NAAC
- Responsible for collaborations with other universities, research organizations etc.
- Responsible for mutually beneficial tie ups with industry.
Admin Work at VIIT Pune
Dean Planning and Development at VIIT Pune 2013-2016
- Developed a strategic plan for institution’s growth and image.
- Coordinating institute’s long-range planning efforts and the allocation of resources including human.
- Supervising academic support areas of college to enhance results and placements.
- Planning and developing infrastructure facilities worth more than sixty lakhs every year.
Head Electronics and Telecommunication Department at VIIT Pune 2011-2016
- Responsible for quality Learning Teaching Process for Undergraduate (Intake 180 students), Post graduate (Intake 18) and PhD program in Electronics and Telecommunication.
- Established faculty verticals within the department based on research areas which resulted in increased number of research publications, externally funded projects and consultancy, patents, academic results etc.
- Funded research projects and consultancy work in the department increased from 25L to 150L i.e. by six times. (600% increase)
- Patents increased from one to eight. (700% increase)
- Research publications increased from nine in 2012 to twenty-six in 2015. (300% increase)
- Initiated concept of “Off Campus Placement” by establishing rapport with forty plus electronic industries. Number of students placed in core electronics companies since 2013 is thirty-eight.
- Every year seventy plus students are sent for internships even though it is not mandatory in present curriculum.
- Started National Conference for Students in Electrical and Electronics Engineering (NCSEEE) to promote plagiarism free technical writing amongst students.