Prof. Prasad Khandekar has experience in manageing academic allied services such as National Bborad of accriditation, ISO- International Standard Organization certification, and Accreditation Board of Engineering and Technology (ABET) Training. He is also involved in honarary assignments of reviewing papers and delivery of expert sessions on many occasions.
Academic Allied Services Administration
Experience Related to National Board of Accreditation (NBA)
- Institute level NBA coordinator at Sou Venutai Chavan Polytechnic Pune (2003-2005): One program received five years accreditation and other three programs received three years accreditation.
- Program level NBA coordinator at Vishwakarma Institute of Information Technology, Pune (2007-2009): Electronics and Telecommunication Program received three years of accreditation.
- Institute level NBA coordinator at Vishwakarma Institute of Information Technology, Pune (2009-2010): Successfully appealed against the non-accreditation status of Computer Engineering Program and received accreditation status of three years.
- Established the OBE philosophy and processes at Vishwakarma Institute of Information Technology, Pune (2011-till date).
- Resource person for Orientation Program for NBA Processes for faculty of three engineering colleges under the aegis of Charutar Vidya Mandal, Vallabh Vidynagar, Gujarat. (13,14 and 15 September 2011).
- Resource person for workshop on “Quality Circle and Graduate Attributes” organized by Quality Assurance Cell of University of Mumbai (2 March 2015)
- Resource person for Orientation Program for OBE Processes for faculty of Marathwada Mitra Mandal College of Engineering, Pune (13 February 2014)
- Consultant to Congnisha Consultancy Pvt Ltd, Pune (subsidiary of Inpods USA) for improving its software developed for OBE (Since March 2015).
Experience Related to ISO
- Certified internal auditor for ISO9001:2008 system.
- Management Representative at Vishwakarma Institute of Information Technology, Pune (2010-2013)
Quality Education Administrtaion
Accreditation Board of Engineering and Technology (ABET) Training
- OBE workshop Phase-1. Speakers: Dr Michael Michigan, Chief Executive Officer- ABET and Dr Ms Claire Komives. Organized by IUCEE (Indo-US Collaboration for Engineering Education) in Bengaluru, India (2 and 3 August 2015).
- ABET workshop. Speakers: Dr Winston F Erevelles. Organized by IEEE Education Society in New Delhi, India (30th September 2015).
- OBE workshop Phase-2 which is webinar series. Speakers: ABET and NBA experts. Organized by IUCEE (Indo-US Collaboration for Engineering Education) (September and October 2015).
- OBE workshop Phase-3 completed.
- Presented “Preparing Industry Ready Engineering Graduates using Learning Analytics Tool and ABET Guidelines” in ABET 2016 Symposium at Florida, USA.